Will this machine makes an impact in 2010? Hmmm... we'l see.
Heard that this is the wind-tunnel test model, developed in wow... such a short period. Great work guys..
Much awaited jobs ads... to be part of Lotus F1 Team family members.
Email your promising CV and nicely cooked cover letter to 1MalaysiaHR@lotusf1team.com
Wait no more dudes! (wonder who will be playing the steering wheels of this Lotus baby)
* Aerodynamics – Project Leader Aerodynamics, Junior Aerodynamicist, Head of CFD, CFD Engineer.
* Composites Design – Head of Composite Design, Senior / Junior Composite Designer, Composite Engineer.
* Composite – Head of Composite Layup Shop, Senior / Junior Layup Technician, Head of Composite Trim Shop, Senior / Junior Trim Shop Technician
* Electronics – Head of Electronics, Senior / Junior Electronics Engineer, Senior Control Engineer, Control Software Engineer
* Factory – Factory Manager, Senior / Junior Maintenance
* Gearbox Design – Head of Gearbox Design, Senior / Junior Gearbox Design
* Gearbox Assembly – Head of Gearbox Shop, Race Gearbox Technician
* Hydraulics – Head of Hydraulics Shop, Race Hydraulics Technician, Test Hydraulics Technician
* Mechanical Production – Head of Mechanical Production, Senior / Junior Machinist, Fabricator
* Mechanical Design – Head of Mechanical Design, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Designer
* Pattern Shop – Head of Pattern Shop, Senior / Junior Pattern Maker
* Production, Production Control and Purchasing – Head of Production, Senior Production Engineer, Mechanical Buyer, Composite Buyer, General Buyer, Aerodynamics Buyer
* Quality Control & Inspection – Head of Inspection, Senior / Junior Inspection Technician
* Design Office – Drawing Office Manager
* R&D – Head of R&D, Senior R&D Engineer, Senior R&D Technician
* Race Engineering – Test Engineer, Race Data Engineer, Test Data Engineer, Aero Support Engineer
* Race & Test – Logistic Manager, Race & Test Travel Secretary, Clothing & Team Gear
* Race Team – Race Chief Mechanic, Race Parts Mechanic
* Stress Analysis – Senior / Junior FEA Engineer
* Sub Assembly – Head of Sub Assembly, Sub Assembly Technician
* Test Team – Test Chief Mechanic, Test Part Mechanic, Test Team Truckie, Test Team Mechanic
* Vehicle Science – Head of Vehicle Dynamics, Vehicle Dynamics Engineer, Senior / Junior Software Engineer
* Marketing & PR – Head of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Tri-lingual Website Designers, Graphic Designers, Executive Assistant, Business Development Manager, Sponsorship Manager, Sponsor Account Manager, Head of PR / Tri-Lingual PR Officer, Press Officer, Hospitality Coordinator
* Finance – Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Finance Executive
* Legal – Head of Legal, Legal Manager, Legal Executive
* HR – Head of HR, HR Manager, HR Executive
* IT – Head of Information Technology, CAD Manager, Senior IT Engineer, Race IT Engineer, Test IT Engineer, IT Technician
I wish I had the much needed extra cash to toy around with this super awesome Hamann collectibles. But hey, everyone must had the same kinda dreams though.
No need to introduced the design house, HAMANN-Motorsport.. they do really master in what they good at, tweaking supercars to become extraordinary both in and outside he 'beast'. More picture gallery and press release for you to digest.
Spell it now.. VOLCANO!.. before its pass you..
Volcano Specifications :- (rsc)
|Wheels||21 inch HAMANN Edition RACE|
|Layout||Front Engine, RWD|
|Transmission||5 Speed High-Torque Automatic|
|Type:||HAMANN-Tuned Supercharged V8|
|Engine & Transmission|
|Displacement cu in (cc):||5.4 liters|
|Power bhp (kW) at RPM:||700 bhp|
|Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM:||612 lb-ft. @ 3300 rpm|
|Body Type||2 Door, 2 Seat Supercar|
|Materials||HAMANN Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Airdams, Rear Spoiler|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||3.6 seconds|
|Top Speed||216 mph|
Recommended for 2 people.. only.
Official HAMANN-Motorsport Press Release
The serial Mercedes-Benz SLR is already one of the most impressive cars on our roads – but compared to the HAMANN VOLCANO it still looks rather harmless. Once again, HAMANN-Motorsport proves its cutting edge when it comes to refining superb sports cars. From a lift-reducing body design to a powerful performance enhancement to a lavishly styled interior, HAMANN focuses on all components of this luxury car and makes the automobile dreams of its exclusive clientele come true.
The total makeover of the Laupheim-based refiner is made of extremely light full carbon and consists of front- and rear wing extensions and also new side skirt attachments and sheathings. The front view of the Volcano is optically perfected with a newly designed bonnet which enhances the overall impression by its integrated hood scoop. But also for the rear, the refining technicians implemented new ideas giving the SLR appearance its finishing touch. Under the boot lid cover, HAMANN placed a strong diffuser which improves the car´s output in combination with the large rear wing. At the front axle, a newly developed front spoiler renders the necessary contact pressure. If desired, an especially developed overall paint for the VOLCANO in either aluminium/chrome or white/matt completes the striking appearance of this bolide.
The 21-inch rims named EDITION RACE with tyres measuring 255/30ZR21 at the front and 345/25ZR21 at the back render an optimal road grip. The design of the extraordinary light forged wheel thereby combines vitality and elegance and also perfectly fills out the wheel houses.
The HAMANN makeover is not only sportive, but also has a lot to offer under the bonnet. The HAMANN motor technicians get the most out of the Mercedes Benz V8-aggregate (5.4 litres, 626 hp, 780 Nm): 700 hp / 515 kW and a maximum torque of 830 Nm at 3,300 crankshaft revolutions per minute. The therefore necessary modifications include a newly programmed control unit, especially developed high performance exhaust manifolds and an amended belt pulley combination for the serial compressors. In order to facilitate the increased motor performance, HAMANN adds a second water pump and adjusts the gearbox electronics. Invigorated in this way and with the adequate sound from the six end pipes of the sport exhaust system, the VULCANO accelerates from naught to a hundred in only 3.6 seconds. With a maximum speed of 348 km/h, the HAMANN VOLCANO is 14 km/h faster than the serial model.
The HAMANN product even beats the factory-provided performance-enhanced special series SLR 722 by impressive 11 km/h.
A skillfully refined interior is waiting for the VOLCANO-pilot and also the exterior does not rank behind. The overall makeover contains pedals and foot rests in aluminium as well as noble door sill protectors and headrests with embossed embroidered HAMANN-Logos. They can also be found on the exclusive floor mats. The overall makeover can be enhanced with a HAMANN interior set containing custom-made carbon parts for the dashboard and centre console. If desired, also the roof interior, all pillars, the cockpit including the steering wheel and the sun visors can hereby be adjusted in terms of colour. Therefore, HAMANN solely uses the high-quality material Alcantara.
[volcano pix galore]
Tags : A1gp, malaysia,sepang, free ticket
Yupp.. It's very true. We have 4 free ticket (out of available 6) for you to grabs, to watch this upcoming A1GP Malaysia, live from the greatest seat available at the Sepang circuit .. the grandstand! Sponsored by Jobstreet, but a drink or two for us is just enough to get you this 'seat'. So, act fast.. Grab this opportunity. Free for all... of course, 1st come first serve.... :)